Cocoa Grinding Line
A typical grinding line is divided into three stages:
- intermediate grinding
- fine grinding
The Nibrotom 3000 has been designed especially for the pre-grinding of cocoa nibs, nuts, almonds and other seeds with high fat content. This cocoa grinder combines superior results and an optimal particle size distribution with a relatively low wet sieve residue. This in turn ensures the best possible performance of all down stream refining equipment, notably ball mills.
- automatically fed by screw conveyer
- beater blade design with 4 specially hardened steel knives
- slotted gap sieve
- knives can be easily changed without the need for re-adjustment
- long life of knives
- knife rotation reverses automatically for even wear
Intermediate and Fine grinding
Both intermediate and fine grinding are accomplished using different versions of the W-85 ball mill.
The intermediate Stage mainly determines the capacity of the fine grinding stage. The better the grinding in this stage the higher the capacity in the fine grinding stage.
In the fine grinding stage, the cocoa liquor is refined down to the required end fineness.
- refining action is accomplished by a unique shaft with agitator arms and diverters rotating in a vertical, jacketed grinding tank filled with specially hardened steel balls
- robust 75 kW electric motor
- stainless steel chamber and water jacket is laid out for optimal cooling and heating
- ball speed at the tips of the grinding arms is highest but almost zero at the periphery of the chamber, which greatly reduces the rubbing effect between ball charge and the chamber wall for a low wear rate
- capacity depends on in-going and end fineness, moisture and shell content and the type of liquor processed (alkalized or non-alkalized)